The union Public Service Commission is inviting candidates to apply for the geologist posts. The candidates who are interested will be required to apply online on the official website of UPSC. The last date to apply for the posts 16/04/2019 upto 6:00 pm only. The applications were started on 20/03/2019.
Start Date of Application: 20/03/2019
Last Date of Application: 16/04/2019 upto 6 pm.
Last Date of Payment of Fee: 16/04/2019
Exam Date: 26/06/2019
Admit Card: June 2019
Name of Posts and Number of Vacancy
- Geologist Group A- 50 Posts
- GeoPhysicist Group A- 14 Posts
- Chemist Group A- 15 Posts
- Junior Hydro Geologists- 27 Posts
The minimum age requirement for the posts is 21 years. For Junior Hydro Geologists the maximum age should be 35 Years. For all other posts, the Maximum age is 32 years.
- Geologist Group A- The candidates should be appearing or have passed Master degree in Geological Science/Geology/Applied Geology/Geo Exploration/Mineral Exploration/Engineering Geology/ Marine Geology/Earth Science or any other equivalent degree.
- Geophysicist Group A- The candidates should be appearing or have passed Master Degree in Science in streams- Physics/Applied Physics/Geophysics/Marine Geophysics or any other equivalent degree.
- Chemist Group A- The candidates should be appearing or have passed M.Sc Chemistry/Applied Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry from any recognized university of India.
- Junior Hydro Geologist- The candidates should be in final year or have passed Master Degree in Geology/Applied Geology/Marie Geology/ or any equivalent degree from any recognized board of India.
How to Apply?
The candidates can apply on the official website of UPSC http://upsc.gov.in/. On the website, they would be required to fill the application form and register on the site.
The application fee for General and OBC candidates would need to pay for 200/-. The fee for SC, ST Ph, and all category female category is Nil.